The BEGINNER'S CORNER was created to help new seahorse keepers easily find information about tank set up and care!
Links to the most frequently asked questions can be found below!
If the magic of seahorses has compelled you to set up a tank for your very first pair, I commend you for taking the time to do things right by researching first! You have come to the right place, and we will do as much as we can to help you make your first experience with seahorses a fun and successful adventure!
This page includes links that will help you learn the basics (also in video and podcast form if you scroll past the links). So read as much as you can, and then feel free to ask any questions in the Q&A section!
TOP 5 ARTICLES COVERING THE BASICS
- Things I wish I had known BEFORE buying seahorses
- Inverts for a seahorse tank
- Why a bigger tank will be better
- Questions to ask the seller
- Inspecting a seahorse you want to buy
LINKS TO HELP WITH SETTING UP THE TANK AND BUYING YOUR FIRST PAIR:
LINKS TO HELP WITH THE FIRST WEEK WITH YOUR SEAHORSES;
- What to expect the first week?
- What medications to have on hand?
- How to get a seahorse eating?
- Indications there might be a problem